In August 2019, the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC)— a key regulator of power sector in India—proposed several amendments to create the necessary framework for the implementation of the real-time market (RTM), for electricity.
This virtual discussion deliberates discussions around the implementation framework of RTM. The expert panel addresses the concerns of all business operations from the perspective of Utilities, System Operators and Market Operators. In addition, the panel unpacks key areas such as day closures, price mechanism, NOAR, real-time transaction ratios, and system communications.
Key discussion points:
• Implementation process of the RTM framework
• RTM’s role in uplifting the current market situation
• Communication between Exchange, NLDC, SLDCs, Discoms and Generators
• Buyer/Seller Mechanism in real-time decision-making
• RTM for renewable energy generators
• DSM prices vs RTM prices
• RTM bidding and auction windows
PK Agarwal, Director (Market Operations) and CISO, POSOCO
Abhishek Ranjan, AVP, Network Operations, BSES Rajdhani Pvt. Ltd.
Arun Kumar, CEO, Kreate Energy
Anish Mandal, Director-Consulting, Deloitte
Yash Kansal, Convenor, USISPF IAC
For more details on Indian Utility Week click here
For more details on POWERGEN India click here