Alstom opens new wind manufacturing facility in Brazil

Alstom wind turbine

Alstom has opened its third wind power equipment manufacturing facility in Brazil, this time in a joint venture with Andrade Gutierrez.

The $33m (€30m) Torres Eolicas do Nordeste plant at Jacobina in Bahia will manufacture up to 200 wind turbine steel towers per year.
Alstom wind turbine
The plant will employ 250 people and create 600 indirect jobs once it starts operations.

Alstom owns 49 per cent stake in the JV project and the remaining 51 per cent interest is held by Andrade Gutierrez.

The French power equipment manufacturer opened the first one in 2011 in Bahia to manufacture nacelles and the second in 2013 in Rio Grande do Sul to produce towers for Brazil’s south market and neighbouring countries like Argentina, Chile and Uruguay.

No posts to display