Technology solutions firm Abengoa has signed an agreement with investor EIG to finance Abengoa Projects Warehouse-1, a plan to construct several energy projects in Latin America.

Abengoa announced that the projects will be developed in Mexico, Brazil and Chile.

The first to be started will be Atacama I (a solar thermal power plant) and Atacama II (solar photovoltaic), both in Chile. Next will be cogeneration plants A3T and A4T in Mexico, followed by participation in Brazil’s transmission lines.

The projects will need $200 million, with 55 per cent of that amount to be invested by EIG and the remaining 45 per cent by Abengoa.