The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority has just re-issued its incentive programme, aimed at funding the installation of clean and efficient combined heat and power at eligible host sites.
The NYSERDA PON 2568 scheme has a budget of $21m and has the following revisions to qualify eligibility:
• Host sites must pay the System Benefits Charge (SBC) on their electric utility bill in order to be eligible. No exceptions.
• Incentives will decrease over time along a glide path (applications received in a full-and-complete manner prior to the ratchet-down-date will lock-in the more-lucrative incentive rate).
• Projects consuming fuel directly in the prime mover can be fueled by pipeline natural gas and/or compressed natural gas and/or propane.
• MicroCHP projects are now eligible; the program no longer imposes a minimum size limit. The program is currently recruiting vendors of microCHP systems to add to the program’s list of pre-approved systems.
• Projects 3 MW and smaller can use a streamlined pre-engineered packaged modular approach, and are invited to apply through the end of 2018 or exhaustion of the overall budget, whichever occurs first.
• Projects larger than 3 MW are invited to apply through the end of 2016 or allocation of a $9 million fraction of the overall budget to such projects, whichever occurs first.
• Projects 1 MW and smaller must use a NYSERDA-approved pre-engineered packaged modular approach. Projects larger than 1 MW can choose either a pre-engineered packaged modular approach (consisting of one module, or several modules ganged-together) or a custom-engineered approach, and the incentive amount and three-lump-sums pay-out style will be identical regardless of approach.
The rest of the detail on the scheme is available at this link: nyserda.ny.gov/pon2568
Learn more about the programme: • NYSERDA webinar: For audiences consisting of prospective host sites that are novices with regard to CHP, as well as expert CHP practitioners. Date is Thursday May 26. Register here https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/456211938279973634