Gwede Mantashe, South Africa’s Minister of Mineral Resources and Energy, and Professor Malegapuru Makgoba, Chairman of the Board of Eskom, will be among the high-profile keynote speakers at Enlit Africa, formerly African Utility Week and POWERGEN Africa, taking place from 8-10 June.
Enlit Africa will kickstart its return on Tuesday, 8 June at 10h00 with a visionary discussion on the “5Ds of the energy transition”, namely: decarbonisation, decentralisation, democratisation, digitalisation and deregulation.
The opening session will feature local and global experts unpacking how the evolution of the power and energy sector globally will also affect local supply and opportunities, focusing on technology, policy and funding.
More exciting speakers and moderators on the programme include:
- Mary Warlick, Deputy Executive Director, International Energy Agency, France
- Sabine Dall’Omo, CEO, Siemens, South Africa
- Ashish Khanna, Practice Manager: West and Central Africa, World Bank, USA
- Dr Albert Butare, a former Minister of State for Infrastructure in the Republic of Rwanda and currently the CEO of Africa Energy Services Group Ltd
- Gillian-Alexandre Huart, CEO, ENGIE Energy Access, Belgium
- Hendrik Malan, CEO – Africa, Frost & Sullivan, South Africa
- Dr Jarrad Wright, Principal Researcher, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), South Africa
- Mandy Rambharos, GM: Just Energy Transition Office, Eskom, South Africa
- Ashish Kumar, Head of Innovation, Shell Foundation, United Kingdom
- Tobi Busari, Team Lead: Embedded Generation and Renewable Energy, Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company, Nigeria
- Roland Ngam, Programme Manager, Climate Justice & Socio-Ecological Transformation, Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung, South Africa
- Kadri Nassiep, Executive Director (Energy), City of Cape Town