HomeDecentralized EnergyCogeneration CHPGerman auto manufacturer chooses CHP at foundry

German auto manufacturer chooses CHP at foundry

Each unit will provide an electrical and thermal output of 1.41 MW and 1.37 MW, respectively. The electrical efficiency of the modules is 42.3% and the thermal efficiency is 41.3%, creating a total efficiency of 83.6%, says GE. Waste heat from the systems’ operation will be used entirely to support the internal heating requirements and production operations.

Alstom has won an order worth €125 million from the Dubai Aluminium Company Limited (DUBAL) for the full turnkey construction of a 150 MW cogeneration plant in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.