Doosan in consortium to build $1.5bn coal-fired power plant

Doosan, Mitsubishi Corporation and two local firms have been selected by state-run Electricity of Vietnam (EVN) to build a coal-fired power plant in Binh Thuan, southern Vietnam.

EVNConstruction of the $1.5bn 1200 MW Vinh Tan 4 coal power plant in will begin in the first quarter of 2014 and is scheduled for completion by the end of 2017, according to EVN.

The consortium will be responsible for designing, purchasing equipment and building the plant 250 Km north of Ho Chi Minh City.

Korea Eximbank, Korea Trade Insurance Corp. and Japan Bank for International Cooperation will provide 85 per cent funding while the remaining 15 per cent will come from EVN.

For more coal-fired power generation news

No posts to display